Karibuni

In Tanzania, visitors are often welcomed with music. Since you are visiting my blog here's some welcoming music.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

What the past few weeks have brought

The past few weeks have been filled with doctors visits and tests.  But this past weekend was special because Fr. David Rucker, associate executive director of the OCMC, came to spend time with me.  I hadn't seen Fr. David in a long while, and it was a great blessing to welcome him back to Texas. What made his visit even more special was that a year ago he had come to Texas for my  missionary commissioning service.  So much has happened since a years ago.  It was a huge blessing to spend this special anniversary with Fr. David!
I've also discovered that there is an Anglican congregation in Austin that has services in Kiswahili. I've spoken with the pastor, and he says that they would love to help me practice my language skills. I'll be checking out that community this coming Sunday afternoon.

Be Free,

kt

No comments:

Post a Comment